Perhaps the most often asked question I get from fresh talent entering the world of filmmaking and video productions is: “Can I use popular music in my videos?” This is a particularly common question among wedding and event filmmakers whose clients naturally want them to use their favorite Jason MRaz tune for their wedding video, or Justin Bieber’s latest hit single for that bat mitzvah recap (oy vey!) Well, I have the answer for you.
- What specific licenses do I need to use a song? (there are two)
- Can you use iTunes music?
- What resources are available to legally get music?
- What’s the difference between royalty free and rights-managed?
- Are there free resources, and if so, where do I find them?
Sign up for our free email list to get the ebook (plus one other surprise).