Is it just me, or are you also sick and tired of reading everyone’s email newsletters and blog posts about how great 2012 was for them. I mean, c’mon. Gimme a break.
Well, my 2012 absolutely SUCKED! Yea, that’s what I said. I’m going to be the only one to tell it like it is!
Here are just a few of the suckiness from last year:
- I made a living doing what I love, but I didn’t make a million dollars. THAT SUCKS!
- I got to shoot with seven different types of video cameras this year, but I didn’t get to shoot with an Arri Alexa or a 35mm film camera. THAT SUCKS!
- I had some amazing guests on my filmmakers podcasts, but I still have not been able to get Steven Spielberg. THAT SUCKS!
- I got to travel to Paris for the first time in my life, but I only stayed in Paris. No Rome. No London. No Greece. Just Paris. THAT SUCKS!
- I finally paid off the old Federal tax bill I’ve been paying on for years, but I still have an old state tax bill. THAT SUCKS!
- My wife and I celebrated our ten-year anniversary, we became closer than we’ve ever been, but we still had a bunch of fights. THAT SUCKS!
- I celebrated 10 years in business for myself and 20 years since I learned filmmaking, but I still haven’t had a reality TV show made about my life. THAT SUCKS!
- My “little” girl turned 18! THAT SUCKS!
- I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, and food in the fridge, but the roof is rented, the car is not a Benz, and the fridge is not a Sub Zero! Everybody together now… THAT SUCKS!
Honestly. What’s the point of it all. Life just sucks!
Happy friggin’ New Year! I hope your 2013 is as sucky as my 2012!