My son loves Legos. He can spend all day building cars, trucks, spaceships, and even split-level mansions. As I watched him one day, it occurred to me that the process he goes through was a beautiful picture of what all artists go through when working on a project. So I broke out the HD DSLR, filmed him for about an hour, and put this piece together.
The Building Blocks of Artistry
Get FREE Download
Get a free 75-minute mp3 about pricing your services when you join our email list. . If you'd like to be added, click here.
Leave a Voicemail
Give me feedback, ask a question for our podcast, or suggest a topic you'd like me to cover. Click here to leave a message with your computer mic.
- Robin Williams Contributed a Masterful Verse August 12, 2014
- Mood Boards Are a Visual Alternative to Storyboarding August 5, 2014
- Staying Healthy Will Make You a Better Filmmaker July 26, 2014
- Increase Client Satisfaction with Creative Briefs July 24, 2014
- Importance of Prioritizing July 7, 2014
- Could Final Cut Pro X Be the NLE of the Future? January 14, 2013
- How to Legally Use Music in Your Films and Videos February 23, 2011
- Jesh de Rox’s “Beloved” Webinar Ignites a Twitter Tempest March 24, 2011
- The Music Licensing Chickens Have Come Home to Roost in Wedding and Event Videography December 7, 2011
- Will the Real YOU Please Stand Up…and Out! April 2, 2009
- Mood Boards Are a Visual Alternative to Storyboarding | Dare Dreamer Magazine: […] couple of weeks ago I when I wrote about...
- Brian Klein: I like all your suggestions!! I might add a one: t...
- Tony Iannuzzi: Great post! I've been trying to get back to health...
- Ron Dawson: Thanks for sharing Meg. One can get a certain sens...
- Meg Simone (@megsimone): Ron this is spot on. There are so many projects I ...
5D Mark II Apple Branding Canon Cinematography color grading Customer Service documentaries Documentary dslr filmmaking editing Education Facebook FCPX Filmmaking Final Cut Pro HD DSLR Inspiration Kevin Shahinian Kickstarter New Media News NLE Patrick Moreau Philip Bloom Photography Pictage Promo Videos Red Sales and Marketing Satire Social Media StillMotion Technology Teen Identity Tips and Tricks Triple Scoop Music Twitter Vimeo Vincent Laforet Weddings WPPI YouTube Zack Arias Zacuto