Forms and templates
- Google Docs. I have a set of Google doc templates I use for a variety of project management and CRM functionality. You can access them at bit.ly/ronstemplates. Either use them as a Google doc, or download them in a form compatible with whichever program you use (e.g. MS Office).
- Contracts. It’s important to have a contract that protects both you and your client. This is a Word doc template for the contract I use. It’s simple, yet relatively comprehensive. Naturally, change the logo to yours. Click here to download it.
- Proposals. I provide new prospects with a formal proposal. It’s professional and makes it very clear what we will deliver. This is a PDF template of what I use. Use this as a guide to create your own. Click here.
- Video Estimates. A simple Excel spreadsheet based on the Google doc I use to put together estimates for clients. Click here.
- Work Logs. It’s very important to track what you work on. It helps you get a better understanding of how long it takes you to complete certain projects (which is important for creating estimates). Logs can also be used to show you where most of your time is going. You’d be surprised at how much time you find out you spend on something like email when you actually start tracking it. Here’s a link to download MS Excel versions of my Google docs work logs: Wedding Edit Log, Production Log and general Work Log. Click here to download it.
- Shot List. A simple shot list for video productions. I use the “audio” column to make a note of the corresponding audio file on my Zoom H4N. Click here to download.
If you’d like to stay updated with new resources to help you and your business, click here to sign up for our “The Dream List.” We only email this list about every other month and we never share or sell the contact info. You can opt out at any time. Sign up now and get my “Pricing Strategies” mp3 FREE.