Next week I’m honored to have the opportunity to speak for a third year in a row at the annual 4EVER Group Conference and Expo being held this year in Orlando, FL. This is a gathering of event videographers from around the world that converge on the “Sunshine State” to be inspired, network, learn, and check out the latest gizmos and gadgets. This year I’m giving a seminar called “The Madonna Effect: The Art of Reinvention.” The seminar is about the importance of reinventing yourself and your business, every so often, to stay fresh and go the long haul. The title is in reference to how rock legends like Madonna and U2 have lasted for decades by constantly re-inventing their image and music. If you’re planning to attend the tradeshow, I encourage you to check out my seminar, Wednesday, January 16, from 2-4:30. I promise you’ll walk away inspired. Topics will include:
- Cinematic Studio’s huge focus switch from weddings and personal events to commercial work (with a particular focus on serving the photographic imaging industry)
- Micro Reinvention (reinventing aspects of your business) vs. Macro Reinvention (reinventing your whole business)
- Effectively using social media networking to grow your business
- Thinking of yourself as a media producer vs. videographer
- Case studies of both videographers and photographers who have/are successfully reinventing themselves
- And more! (I’ve got two and a half hours to kill).
Unfortunately, my lovely wife Tasra won’t be able to join me this year. Her new gig at Apple will prevent her from attending the show with me. 😦 But, even though I’m not as pretty as she, don’t let that stop you from attending my seminar. See you there.