Imagine if you will one of the scariest scenarios one could face. You’re sitting in the doctor’s office and she comes back to you with the results, and utters words you dread: “You have only one month to live.” Honestly, I don’t even like writing it. But, if that did happen? What would you change in your life? Who would you call? What would you start doing? What would you stop doing? Well, in Kerry and Chris Shook’s book One Month to Live: 30 Days to a No Regrets Life, that’s the challenge they put forward. For the next thirty days, live your life with the passion, purpose, and liberation that comes from knowing you have just those 30 days left.
My wife Tasra has started this challenge on her blog, and it inspired me to do the same. It has lit a fire under my butt. (Lately, it seems like 30 day challenges are becoming popular.🙂 ) Each day there’s a different assignment the book has you do as it relates to living your life to it’s fullest. Where appropriate, I’d love to share with you my daily assignments in hopes they might encourage some of you out there.
DAY ONE – THE TOP 5
For day one, you’re supposed to write the top 5 things you’d change in your life if you knew you’d only had 30 days to live. Here are mine:
- Stop letting petty things lead me and Tasra into stupid arguments.
- Do something every day that gets me one step closer to making a feature film.
- Talk more to my daughter and verbally tell her every day I love her.
- Show Tasra expressions of love every day.
- Spend some quality time with Tasra every day.
- Talk to my brothers and dad more often (I couldn’t stop at 5).
The fact that 5 of my top 6 are related to family was very eye-opening to me? What would be your top 5?
P.S. Happy anniversary sweetheart. Seven years today and getting better every day.