Calling all filmmakers in or within decent driving distance to the Atlanta Metro. Do you love the process of filmmaking? Are you excited at the notion of connecting with and networking with other creative filmmakers? Do you want to participate in a project where you will have loads of fun and learn a lot? Can you go two days straight with little or no sleep? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then I NEED YOU!
On Friday, June 10 is the 10th Annual 48 Hour Film Project. As the name suggests, you have 48 hours to conceive, write, shoot and edit a film. The contest takes place in cities all over the world, and the Atlanta leg is this June. Out of either a momentary lapse of judgment, or my sincere desire to get back to my roots as a filmmaker, I done went and signed up for this crazy thing. I am now putting my team together and would love to have you join us. I need people interested in acting, writing, music, lighting, transportation, or any warm body who just wants to help on set. I am in desperate need for a musician and talented DP in particular.
Let me share with you why I think you should join my team.
Whatever you do, don’t do anything foolish like join somebody else’s team. Here are the top 5 reasons you should join my team:
- Fun. You’ll have more fun on my team than anybody else’s (I’m pretty sure I can guarantee that. 😉
- Leadership. As an experienced leader in both business and filmmaking, I will keep control of the process. You’ll never feel like the team is aimless, nor will I let creative egos get in the way of the project. I’ll lead with compassion, fairness and a strong sense of direction. (Which is highly important to complete a mission like this).
- Education. I am the consummate teacher. So it will be my goal to ensure that whoever participates will actually learn something.
- Exposure. I will dedicate a blog post to the team where I’ll do a write up of each person. If you want thousands of photographers and filmmakers to know about you and/or the services you provide (e.g. freelancer, actor, etc.), this is a good place to get seen.
- Goodies. Everyone who joins my team will get some kind of goodie. Not the least of which, everyone who joins will get a free copy of my “Art & Business of DSLR Filmmaking” webinar recording.
So what are you waiting for? Take a leap of faith and join the best 48 Hour Film Project Team in the world! (And that’s not just hyperbole. 🙂
Interested parties please fill out this form:
If you have more questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s rock the joint!