Two filmmakers that have made a name for themselves in the industry are Dan Riordan and Dana Saint of Gnarly Bay Productions from Rhode Island. These guys are making personal and commercial work that makes the mouth water. Today we find out:
- How they got their start making “picture videos” (as they call it)
- Editing linearly in the early days
- How they broke into doing commercial work for major brands
- How they evolved from shooting on the DVX100 to the HVX200 to HD DSLRs
- The behind the scenes stories of some of their biggest hits like Summer and the other season films
- Their thoughts on personal work
- How they were able to shoot music celebrities like Lenny Kravitz, Katy Perry and Jordan Sparks
- And more!
Enter Drawing for Free Music
Each week we will also give away a free song from Triple Scoop Music (a $60 value). All you have to do is tweet one of these two lines…
Hey @rondawson, the featured @triplscoopmusic artist this week on @crossingthe180 is NAME
Hey @rondawson, the featured @triplscoopmusic song this week on @crossingthe180 is NAME
Replace NAME with the name of the artist or the song. It doesn’t have to be the artist’s Twitter name, but if you DO find and include their Twitter handle, I’ll enter you twice! You have to enter the tweet exactly like this so that I know you’ve done it and because there’s no “e” in Triple Scoop Music’s twitter handle. Your best bet is to copy and paste. Do this throughout the week and on next week’s show I’ll announce the winner. You can do this every week until further notice.
Triple Scoop Music is also offering a discount on your next purchase. You gotta listen to the episode to find out the code.
Working with Tripods and Cool New Features on Zacuto’s EVF
This week Mike Duval is back from LensProToGo. Today Mike talks about working with tripods and monopods and the reason why cheap tripods are problematic..
And from Zacuto we have Rachel Kenton talking about firmware updates for their EVF and their new frame store feature.
Check out their reel.
And here’s their latest cinematic opus