- Backup camera
- Extra AA and AAA batteries
- Extra camera batteries
- Extra cards
- Extra a/v cables
- Battery charger
- Backup mics
- Pad and pen (I use a Moleskine)
- Breath mints (Fresh breath is a priority in my life).
- Business cards (note: if you’re an independent contractor working for another studio, you should not pass out your business cards while on a job for someone else.)
- A loupe (e.g. Zacuto’s Z-Finder)
- Card reader*
- Portable hard drive*
Notice I had more than ten things? That’s because I always have extra.
What do you have in your bag?
* I only bring a card reader and drive when I’m traveling and need to back up footage. I usually don’t take them on local gigs. But, it wouldn’t hurt to have them if you have the room.