A lot of readers of this blog are professional creatives that serve the wedding and event industry. For that reason, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be one of the featured speakers at the BeSageConference put on by SageWeddingPros, the brain-child of Michelle Loretta and Kelly Simants.
I don’t recall how it was I first came to know Michelle and Kelly, but I do remember how they immediately impressed me with their business acumen. In just a few short years they’ve grown a successful business, blog and social media following covering topics including sales, marketing, branding, accounting, taxes and productivity. The conference is an opportunity to provide attendees not only some specialized, in-depth training but also some great networking and camaraderie.
I’m honored to have been asked to speak on the topic of New Media Marketing. The five key things you’ll learn from me at this conference are:
- How to determine the right kind of content to produce for your audience.
- How to use a transmedia marketing strategy to communicate to your audience.
- How to monetize your content and platform (beyond simple sponsorships).
- How to be an “executive producer” of engaging original content when you lack the technical skills.
- How to leverage the platform you already have to find sponsors and collaborators.
I also have the distinction of being both the first MAN in the impressive lineup, but the first brutha too! I feel I add a whole new level of interracial and inter-gender cross culturalism! (I have no idea what that means. But it sounds really important, don’t you think.😉
But wait, there’s more…
You’ll also learn:
- Designing destination weddings from Beth Helmstetter
- Increasing your sales effectiveness through the power of body language by Vanessa Van Edwards
- How to protect your intellectual property and other legal topics from Betsy
- Diversifying your income from Michelle Edgemont
- Smart financial strategies to “retire in style” from Ashley Feinstein of Knowing Your Worth
- How do you grow and manage a team from Kelly Marie Thompson
Honestly, just this line-up alone makes the investment worth it. But more speakers will be announced.
One question that remains on everyone’s lips… “Will Ron remain the sole XY-Chromosome dominant/pigment enriched speaker?” There is only one way to find out. Stay tuned to SageWeddingPros.com/BeSage. The whole world is on pins and needles!😉
Check out the video below for more details. (No, I did not make the video).